The fact that Israel was Secure during the Exodus affirms that Israel, amid multiple wars, can be SECURE TODAY!
The EXODUS is strong evidence that Israel is SECURE TODAY Return to Main Page
Ezekiel 38-39 prophesies that In the latter years Israel will be Supernaturally Rescued from the massive Invasion of the Magog Coalition in an Event that will Magnify God’s Name across the World.
The Timing of the invasion is keyed to two (2) statements...
1. Eze. 38:8—"After many days you will be summoned [to Israel when] …they are living securely, all of them.”
2. Eze. 38:11—"and you will say…I will go against those who are at rest, that live securely..."
In the Ezekiel passage, the Hebrew word for "secure" is “betach”, and for "rest" it is “shaqat”. As demonstrated in the graphs 1 below, the use of these same words elsewhere in the Bible, in conditions which parallel modern Israel,, show that TODAY Israel can be said to be "secure" and "at rest."
How can Israel be “Secure” in the midst of MULTIPLE WARS?
The answer is found in The EXODUS 3
EZEKIEL 38:8’s “betach” Security IN LIGHT OF THE EXODUS’s “betach” Security
And He led them safely (“betach”/Securely) But the sea engulfed their enemies.
Psa. 78:53-54 (refers to the entire Exodus event)
1. Since the Israelites enjoyed a God-given "(betach) secure” condition while enduring the Red Sea entrapment and attack of the Egyptians, and a 40-year Exodus journey marked by six (6) subsequent wars with the Amalekites, Canaanites, Amorites, and Midianites
(Psa. 78:51-54; Deu. 14:8; Num. 14; 21; 31),
2. Then the same could be true of the "(betach) secure” condition of Israel in the Magog passage of Ezekiel 38:8.
Was Israel Secure DURING the Exodus Wars? The Bible says, Yes!
And smote all the first-born
in Egypt [10th Plague/Passover]…
But He led forth His own people...
And guided them in the wilderness [38 years]…
And He led them safely [betach],
so that they did not fear;
But the sea engulfed their enemies [Red Sea]…
So He brought them to His holy land [Enter Promised Land]…
NOTE in the Scripture above that Israel was SECURE ("betach") DURING the entire 40-year Exodus.
EXODUS and the MAGOG INVASION
1. Israel had [betach] SECURITY, in the midst of hardship and wars for 40 years!
2. They endured threats, terror, harassment, attacks, and 7 Wars!
3. They fought Wars but were SECURE from defeat, conquest or destruction.
4. They maintained a spy-network and 12 armed forces units. (Num. 31:3-6)
5. Israel captured 60 cities and territory the size of today’s West Bank.
6. They were very much like Israel TODAY has been since 1948.
7. In the same way as the Exodus, Israel will be “living securely” (God-given) when the MAGOG COALITION INVADES (Ezekiel 38:8).
The EXODUS “betach” Security…Two (2) Questions…
1. When Israel was under God-given Security, were there Wars?
2. Was Israel defeated, conquered or destroyed?
See the KEY to the right...
The EXODUS PERIOD and the MAGOG INVASION and Israel's SECURITY (Ezekiel 38:8)
1. Israel can have [betach] SECURITY in the midst of recurrent wars.
2. Israel’s experience will oscillate between War & Peace, but it’s God-given [betach] SECURITY remains steady.
3. In God-given [betach] SECURITY, Wars are the proof of that Security.In GOD-GIVEN, CURRENT AGE [betach] SECURITY The EXODUS shows that Israel can remain secure through periods of recurrent wars.
The KEY !
In the Exodus, Israel was Secure from DEFEAT, not from ATTACK.
An example of this is found in Ezra chapter 8...
1. Ezra believed Israel's journey from Babylon to Israel was secured by "the hand of our God". (v 22-23, 31)
"...that we might humble ourselves before our God to seek from Him a safe [SECURE] journey for us..." (v 21)
2. Ezra and the Israelites were ATTACKED multiple times on their journey; "...the enemy and the ambushes by the way." (v 31)
3. Since " the hand of our God was over us", and since "He delivered us from the hand of the enemy and the ambushes by the way" (v 31), wasn't Israel SECURE in God's Hand?—even though they were ATTACKED? God "delivered"—SECURED— Israel from DEFEAT ! Ezra anticipated GOD-SECURITY ! (V 22)
“SECURE” & “AT REST” TODAY, Israel awaits its date with Glory
in the MAGOG INVASION of Ezekiel 38-39
The Four (4) Biblical examples in this study provide a solid rationale that TODAY…...
1. Israel has been under (betach) SECURITY since 1948, protected through multiple “miracle-wars” (EXODUS example) from the brink of annihilation amid the on-going shadow of enemy terrorists states (SOLOMON example).
2. Israel has experienced a series of (shaqat) RESTS between these wars at a level which has permitted Israel to fortify as an “armed camp” (ASA example) and become a world-class socio-economic super-state while under the ever-present shadow (JUDGES example) of another war. The SECURITY of Israel TODAY is a sign of the imminent fulfillment of Ezekiel 38.
3. The EXODUS is 1 of 4 Old Testament eras that witness to Israel's Security TODAY. All 4 Old Testament Security-eras in this study are highlighted in bold in numbers 1 & 2 above; follow the links to them get the full scope of this study. (But it's best to START with the Main Page which provides a Summary Introduction