Invasion Of Israel
Will this be the next event of Bible prophecy? Will it occur before the Rapture? What is the evidence that the invasion is led by Russia? Is this 2600-year-old prophecy on the brink of being fulfilled?
Here are the facts.
Ezekiel 38-39 foretells of the invasion of Israel by a massive coalition of Russian-Islamic forces in the last days. Gog, of the land of Magog (Russia), will convene an overwhelming army of Muslim nations, with Iran at the helm. They will launch their assault from the “far north.” That means that Russian must have a route south through Georgia, Turkey and Syria.
Here is where headlines of the last couple of years begin to read like the Scriptures. Russia has gained a foothold in Georgia. Russia has gained a port-hold in Syria. Russia holds a tight alliance with Turkey. Russia is on the move! And they are moving from NORTH to SOUTH, laying a path for the invasion route and setting the stage to fulfill Ezekiel’s prophecy.
`Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am against you, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. "And I will turn you about, and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army...Persia [Iran] with them… you will be summoned; in the latter years you will come into the land that is restored from the sword, whose inhabitants have been gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel...you will go up, you will come like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land, you and all your troops, and many peoples with you... you will come from your place out of the remote parts of the north… and you will come up against My people Israel...It will come about in the last days that I shall bring you against My land...And it will come about on that day, when Gog comes against the land of Israel," declares the Lord GOD, "that My fury will mount up in My anger. "'Ezekiel 38:2-18
Ours is the first generation ever in prime position to see the prophecy of “Gog of the land of Magog” launch forth from the pages of the Bible and from the “northern-most” regions of the earth.
“Magog founded those that from him were named Magogites, but who are by the Greeks called Scythians…”
Josephus, ancient Jewish historian,
Antiquities of the Jews, VI-1
THE KEY TO THE IDENTITY OF RUSSIA
Ezekiel 38:1-3 lists the ancestral root-names of the lead nation that will invade Israel in the Last Days:
And the word of the LORD came to me saying, "Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am against you, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. Ezekiel 38:1-3
Gog is the official title of the leader who is from the “land of Magog.” Though the names “Rosh,” “Meshech” and “Tubal” give clues to the identity of the lead nation, it is the phrase “land of Magog” that points us on a modern map to Russia. Here’s the evidence:
1. The first century Jewish historian, Josephus, wrote that Magog (Noah’s grandson through Japheth) was the forefather of the Scythians.
2. The Scythians settled in Russia in the lands surrounding the Black and Caspian Seas and constituted one of the tribal ancestors of today’s Russians.
3. Therefore, one can accurately read Ezekiel 38:2 as “Gog of the land of Magog, which is the land of Scythia, which is the land of Russia.”
Come From Your Place
out of the Uttermost North
If our first clue pins the label “land of Magog” on Russia (see above), then the second one nails it.
In Biblical geography, Jerusalem is directionally at the center of the nations.
(Eze. 5:5; 38:12; Luke 24:47)
All nations radiate outward from Jerusalem in their various directions like spokes on a wheel. The land of Magog is said to be situated to the remote parts (uttermost parts) of the North. ( Eze. 38:15)
Russia is caught squarely on the needle of the compass here—the hard facts of the global grid locate Moscow directly to the far north of Jerusalem. Add to this the fact that the rise of the Russian state to super-power status has paralleled the birth of the State of Israel and we have what appears to be conclusive evidence that Russia is the perpetrator of Ezekiel’s vision of the latter-day invasion of Israel.
(From The Russian-Islamic Invasion Of Israel, booklet, Bible Prophecy As Written)
Who Are The Other Nations?
(gleaned from Mark Hitchcock’s classic work, based on his doctoral dissertation, called After The Empire, 1994, Tyndale House, p. 37. )
Rosh— The ancient Sarmatians, who were known as Rashu, Rasapu, Ros, and Rus, are the people Ezekiel called Rosh in Ezekiel 38:2. The Sarmatians originally inhabited the land around the Caspian Sea, which is territory inhabited by eight of the former Soviet republics— Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan,
Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Tajikistan ...six of these former republics are Muslim nations.
Meshech and Tubal— at every point in the history of Meshech and Tubal, these two nations occupied territory in the modern nation of Turkey. To ascribe any other location to them is totally inconsistent with the clear facts of ancient history. (Ibid, p. 59)
Gomer— Josephus [the ancient Jewish historian, see above] identified the people of Galatia with Gomer. He says that the people the Greeks called the Galatians were the Gomerites. The Galatians, of course, lived in an area that today is in the west-central part of Turkey. (Ibid, p. 62)
Beth-togarmah— always associated with a city or district within the boundaries of the modern nation of Turkey. (Ibid, p. 64)
Persia— the modern nation of Iran is ancient Persia. The name Persia, which was written all over the pages of ancient history, was changed to Iran in foreign usage in March 1935. (Ibid, p. 72)
Modern Russians sometimes call themselves Scythians… No doubt some of the old Scythian stock was absorbed…
John Lawrence, A History of Russia, 7th ed.,
New York, Meridian-Penguin Group, 1993, p. 18-28.
[The Scythians] remained lords of the Russian steppe from the seventh to the third century B.C.
The Empire Of The Steppes,
Rutgers University Press, 1970, page 7
LEFT: The Russian-Islamic Coalition
Therefore, according to the thirty-eighth chapter of Ezekiel, the Iranians will join forces with Turkey, the former southern Soviet republics, and Russia to attack Israel in the last days. (Ibid, p. 72) Joining in are the Islamic nations
of Ethiopia-Sudan (Cush) & Lybia (Put).
Now, back to the questions that we began with at the start of this study:
3. What is the evidence that the invasion is led by Russia? (go to bottom of THIS page)
Those questions are answered specifically and forcefully in the LINKS ABOVE...CLICK... CLICK...CLICK !!!
We present some potent evidence showing that, in fact, Israel today is in precisely the time of “security” that will exists at the time of the Russian-Islamic invasion of that land.
Russia and the Rise of the
Tribulation (Third) Temple
As a sign of the coming Tribulation, the Jewish Temple will be rebuilt. A possible (and I emphasize “possible”) scenario based on the Biblical information is...
1. A half century of strife and violence between Israel and Arabic nations drives the international community to demand a peaceful solution to the Mid East problem.
2. An internationally-brokered peace agreement gives Israel a false sense of security. This blanket of false peace would be even more deceptive if Russia was a lead nation standing behind the treaty.
3. Russia then leads a massive coalition of Islamic forces to invade Israel in the wake of the “peace” agreement.
4. In defense of Israel, God miraculously destroys the Russian-Islamic forces. That Israel’s God has intervened on her behalf is clear to all!
5. The reaction across the world includes both true and false professions of faith from gentiles and Jews, and a recognition from the nations that Israel’s God has acted.
6. Ezekiel 38:23 says that unbelievers "will know that [God] is the Lord.” How can this be? In anticipation of His judgment of the Egyptians at the Red Sea, God says in Exodus 14:18 “Then the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord.” When the Red Sea began to close in on them, verse 25 says “the Egyptians said, “Let us flee from Israel, for the Lord is fighting for them against the Egyptians.‟” It is with this same “knowledge” of the Lord through His fearful judgment of the Russian forces that the Antichrist musters the world’s support and demands that peace be made for Israel and that her Temple be rebuilt on its original site. Furthermore, the divine overthrow of the Muslim nations because of their part in the invasion renders them impotent regarding any opposition to the rebuilding of the Temple on the site now occupied by the Dome of the Rock.
7. The Antichrist then rises to his moment of destiny and proclaims the divine right of the Jews to rebuild the Temple. He acknowledges God’s intervention on behalf of Israel. He then strikes a 7-year “peace” covenant and orders the rebuilding of the Temple—in satanic unbelief!
8. Multitudes of others will know (with a saving-belief) that [God] is the Lord.” Will they be IN the Rapture, or AFTER the Rapture ?...MORE
...and the final days begin...
Right: the FUTURE HEADLINES
...and you will come up against My people Israel like a cloud to cover the land. It will come about in the last days that I shall bring you against My land, in order that the nations may KNOW ME when I shall be sanctified through you before their eyes, O Gog." Ezekiel 38:16
"The REMOTE PARTS OF THE NORTH"...RUSSIA
The Russian Invasion Path: FROM NORTH TO SOUTH!
"And you will come from your place out of the remote parts of the north, you and many peoples with you…” Ezekiel 38:15
First, the Scripture foretells Russia and her allies coming out of the “remote parts of the north” on its invasion path into Israel.
Second, Ezekiel calls Israel “the people… who live at the center of the world.” (Eze. 38:12)
Therefore, in biblical terms the “north” is directly north of Israel. And located to the “remote parts of the north” from Israel is none other than Russia.
Russia has already acquired two ports in Syria, the country immediately north of Israel. Syria is a Muslim nation. So is Turkey, which is the next country just north of Syria. Turkey’s relations with Israel are disintegrating as Turkey returns to its historical Muslim roots. Also, Russia has negotiated an oil pathway through Turkey. And Russia, Iran, and Islamic affiliates are spread throughout Syria as we speak—right on the northern border of Israel. Therefore, the path south into Israel is open. And of course, Iran [Persia] is in the mix—an avowed ally of Russia, a co-leader of the Invasion— with its avowed mission to “wipe Israel off the map “ ...but Israel's Security in God's Hands remains firm!
Keep your eyes on Jesus. He’s coming soon!
Statement given at Various Conferences 2014-16
Today, Russia and Iran have created a power hegemony encompassing Iran, Iraq, Syria, Hezbollah-Lebanon, centered in Syria, directly to the North of Israel. None of the prerequisites for the Magog invasion of Ezekiel 38:1-8 are missing. When the real event stacks up to the North of Israel, it will look very much like it does Today.
(Statement on the Events North of Israel given at the Lake Charles Prophecy Conference in Sep. 2014 and the Pre-Trib Prophecy Study Group in Dec. 2014, and the Mid-America Prophecy Conference in Tulsa, April 14-16, 2016)