Erasing America's History
ABOVE: There are two (2) groups in these protests of 2020—legitimate voices against injustice is one. The other one? Violent anarchists and mob-rulers (“Mobocracy”) who don’t stop at rejecting the injustice of the Confederate cause—they hate the Union also—they hate ALL of America. They are ripping indiscriminately the pages from American history, as seen when they tore down the head-bust of George Washington at his namesake university in his namesake city, Washington DC. What is next?... the university itself, Washington DC, Washington Monument, Washington State, engraved money, signature on U.S. Constitution…???
TEARING DOWN AMERICAN MONUMENTS
This will not be comfortable for some of us. But I hope we can all agree that on any question we must START with the Bible,
and we must STICK with the Bible. That will ALWAYS take us closer to God, not farther away.
1. Is it true, as some say, that America is a sanitized, hypocritical and evil nation hiding its shameful origins and history?
2. If so, should America remove, tear down, and destroy its public documents, engravings, memorials, monuments, statues, history books, state and city and park and street names, etc., that are considered to display the true American-evil-empire?
The BIBLE STANDARD
“God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.” (1 John 1:5
“Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
Who substitute bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” (Isaiah 5:20
SHOULD WE ERASE AMERICA'S BAD HISTORY?—GOD'S EXAMPLE
1. Our best example is how God recorded Israel's history in the Bible.
2. He recorded the bad and He recorded the good--and CALLED IT WHAT IT WAS!
3. America must do the same. Call it what it was--and WHAT IT IS--the bad and the good.
4. The Biblical answer in Israel's history is not to destroy history, but to learn from it.
5. Was Israel's history perfect? No. Was it far from perfect? Yes. As a result, did God sanitize and excise Israel's history in the Bible? No. (Nor did He with people; Peter for example). God condemned Israel and Peter's sins. God didn't hide them from Bible history. God didn't expunge the bad from His "Public Record" in Scripture. God blessed Israel and Peter's good, showed Grace in judgment, and corrected their bad. By Grace, God sustained and guided them when they repented. God has done the same for America for 250 years (Jer 18:7-8).
AMERICA'S BIBLE-Based FOUNDATION
1. America's most basic ideals, precepts and principals are expressed in the Declaration Of Independence. At its core is the statement that "All men are created equal... endowed by their Creator with ...unalienable rights... life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".
1. "All men are created equal"--This AGREES with the Bible,
"And God created man in His own image" (Ge 1:27
"Do we not all have one father? Has not one God created us?" (Mal 2:10
"and He made from one [one man, one blood], every nation of mankind" (Ac 17:26=27
2. "with unalienable rights... life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" --This AGREES with the Bible,
"every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God." (Ecc 3:13
"proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants" (Lev 25:10
"For there is no partiality with God." (Rom 2:11
2. Who among Believers in Jesus Christ can reject these two Bible-based Truths? They are the STANDARD for all that follows below.
“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice”—U.S. Constitution Preamble
1. Has America established “a more perfect union" built upon those two principals above? Has America put those two Biblical Truths above into action... put feet to them... walked according to its ideals?
2. Yes, at times. No, at times.
AMERICA'S REPENTANCE—IT'S OVERDUE
1. How should America be judged?
2. By the same standard it established for itself—its pursuit of "a more perfect union" reflecting its original Biblically-based ideals.
3. As God has done with Israel, and with individual repentant sinners—Grace, correction, and discipline is proper for America..
4. Shall we Reject America's history, and America itself because of its failures?
5. If so, what nation—what person—could stand?" (Luke 21.24; 1 Cor 10.13; Rom 14.4; Jude 24; 2 Chr 7.14)
6. Cling to the good; reject the bad. Pursue the good; abandon the bad. God is able to make America stand (Jer 1:10; 18:7-8), and promises to do so if this nation returns to its Christian foundation —and rejects the lie of those voices that DENY America ever even had a Christian foundation, some of the most vocal coming from within the Evangelical Church itself.
AMERICA—”DEDICATE OURSELVES TO THE UNFINISHED WORK" (Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg, 1863)
1. FIRST, What must America do? Turn back to God. (Bible-believing Christians and Churches MUST LEAD)
2. Remove (legally), or Re-Label, the American IDOLS—they are a witness against God and against America. HOW? If we do not remove, or re-label Confederate statues whose cause violently opposed both God's Word and the American-Ideal that ...
1. "All men are created equal, with equal rights and equal justice",
2. then that statue has been lifted above God's Word, and therefore above God Himself, and therefore has become an IDOL.
3. Fix the "new birth of freedom" enjoined by Lincoln at Gettysburg, by rejecting the Confederate cause that "all men are NOT created equal", and do NOT have “unalienable rights” (including "Liberty and Justice for All").
4. Abraham Lincoln said America had "unfinished work" in it's fight against human bondage. (Gettysburg Address, 1863). This "work" has been "advanced" significantly since then (140 years), but the fight against inequality remains an "unfinished work".
5. Don't celebrate or sanitize an evil statue; but correctly label it, remember our history, and learn from our history.
6. Contrast the good and evil of our history (and contemporary society); for example, set a Confederate statue side-by-side with an Emancipator-statue. Label both, in light of the Bible and America's Declaration Of Independence, with honest and correct facts.
7. All the while, stand up to those who say America's Christian-foundation didn't happen, and that America is an evil nation ready to be trashed, irrevocably bound for judgment and destruction. They are selling God short in 3 ways,
1. God CAN return a repentant nation to blessing.
Jer 18:7-8, "if that nation against which I have spoken turns from its evil,
I will relent concerning the calamity I planned to bring on it."
2. God DOES give Grace, beyond national failures, to nations which truly look to Him.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD (Psa 33:12 ; given to Israel, but a shared principle to all nations)
3. America had both Christians and non-Christians as its founders. But they all came together, and what emerged was both a
Christian-consensus and a Christian-framework. We see this in our foundational precepts, such as,
"nature's God" Declaration Of Independence (these phrases evidenced America’s Biblical-foundation)
"men are created equal" Dec Indep
"endowed by their Creator" Dec Indep
"divine Providence" Dec Indep
"Supreme Judge of the world" Dec Indep
“The Declaration of Independence, which officially broke all political ties between the American colonies and Great Britain, set forth the ideas and principles behind a just and fair government, and the Constitution outlined how this government would function. ‘the two most important, and enduring documents in our Nation’s history...the Declaration of Independence was the promise; the Constitution was the fulfillment.’ ” www.uscis.gov/files › USCIS › Publications › PDFs/ M-654
"in the year of our Lord" Constitution (this ‘signoff’ certified the Constitution’s agreement with the Dec Of Indep)
Unfortunately, today America's Biblical foundation is in both popular denial and steady decline. America is barely clinging to and inching forward with its foundational God-centered ideals. But by prayer and petition to God, we Believers in Christ can trust Him to return America to its Biblical foundation.
AMERICA—TOWARD "A MORE PERFECT UNION"—UNTIL THE RAPTURE
America, at the end time, according to Zechariah 12:3, is going the way of “all the nations of the earth”— the Antichrist nations.
But let each generation pray for America (Psa 33:12 ) and for its leaders (1 Tim 2:1-2), that this coming hour of American-darkness may be forestalled by America's still-flickering light, resisted anew by succeeding generations, and Biblically opposed until that final generation when God removes all of America's Christians in the Rapture--at which time America's light will go out.
May God remember America's birth and bless her,
and may America return to the God of her birth and be blessed !
(Psa 33:12 )